Sunday 15 May 2011

Fireplace and Wallpaper

The wallpaper was put up in the living room after the painting in the bedroom was finished. Henry demonstrated how to apply wallpaper paste and soak it into the paper before applying to the wall. However we discovered that the paper which was bought could be applied dry, to a pasted wall. This saved a lot of time too. We were also cutting the paper at first, but then decided to apply it strait from the roll to save time and effort. The pattern had to match and this meant a lot of wastage.



I then helped to apply the wallpaper in the bedroom, which was difficult as the walls had been distressed and were a little lumpy, they also had to be brushed down as dust would stop the wallpaper from adhering so well.  These walls were then distressed further by Ben, John and Emma after the wallpaper had dried. They used scenic paints in browns, greens and yellows. They also tore the wallpaper and used wire brushes.



I cut my fireplace board out of MDF with the jigsaw, I also bought some chord and glue gunned it to the board in the shape of my design. I used a strait piece of timbre to make the chord on the design strait. I am currently using polly filler to fill on the gaps and smoothen the design.


I cut some plywood into strips, painted them black and stuck my tiles onto them. They had been glazed by Jess Fitzgerald the day before, the glaze was mixed with ochre paint to give the tiles a bit of age.


No comments:

Post a Comment