Tuesday 24 May 2011

Soot and Stone

I finished off the stone for my fireplace today. I sanded down the filler and covered the surrounding carpet and fireplace in newspaper stuck down with masking tape. I spayed the stone effect as directed and let it dry. It fully dries in six hours.


I waited until the end of the day to take away the masking tape, I then went over it with black paint to make it look sooty. The stone effect helped to add a lot of texture to the MDF.

The carpet in the living room was finished off around the edges by Ben today.

The skirting board was distressed in Gregor's room today and Ben glued some dirt to the floor, which also makes it look more dusty. John bought in some fake and real hair which he scattered around the room and turned into hair balls.






Karen started putting in the wooden window cross bars today and started to paint them. Curtains were also hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment