Monday 23 May 2011

Stone in a Can

I started off today cutting MDF to fit into my fireplace when placed on the floor, this will be made to look like stone. Ben conveniently brought in a spay can which gives a stone effect, so I will try this tomorrow morning. I've put the stone there because realistically if coal is knocked out of the fire, it wont burn the floorboards or rugs. Many fireplaces have tiles or bricks too. I used filler for the gaps which occurred as the MDF was hard to get into the correct shape. I also sanded it down as if it were a little worn as sharp edges would look unrealistic.

I helped John paint the ceiling today too. He used his brush to make splatter marks where as I contrasted this with a sponge adding a more mottled look. Its a shame we didn't have more paint as we were limited to the same colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment